Part-Time EOPS Counselor (Pool)
Part-Time EOPS Counselor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators and American Federation of Teachers (ACE AFT Local 6554).
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $20,559-$24,418 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education - Possess one of the following:
- Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR
- A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Counseling; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Two years of occupational experience in work relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages.
3. Demonstrated completion of either of the following:
- A minimum of nine semester units of college course work predominantly relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages; OR
- Six semester units or equivalent of a college-level counseling practicum or counseling field work courses in a community college EOPS program, or in a program dealing predominantly with ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Counseling duties and responsibilities may consist of one or more of the following:
- Counsel and advise students, on both an appointment and a drop-in basis.
- Perform specialized work duties as necessary during registration periods.
- Provide formal in-service training.
- Participate in program/service development activities.
- Perform other duties as required for the department and/or college.
- Counselors may also be assigned to teach one or more counseling courses during a semester.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency