Part-Time DESP/DSPS Counselor (Pool)
Part-Time DESP/DSPS Counselor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor serving the DESP (Disability & Educational Support Program) and DSPS (Disability Support Programs & Services). The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators (ACE).
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA OR Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $20,559-$24,418 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education - Possess any one of the following:
- Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling; OR
- Master’s degree in Special Education AND twenty-four (24) or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work in Counseling, Guidance, Student Personnel, Psychology or Social Work; OR
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Guidance, Student Personnel, Psychology, Career Development or Social Welfare AND twelve (12) or more semester units in upper division or graduate level work specifically in Counseling or Rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities; OR
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Guidance, Student Personnel, Psychology, Career Development or Social Welfare AND two (2) years of full-time experience in one or more of the following:
(a) Counseling or guidance for students with disabilities; or
(b) Counseling and/or guidance in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Counseling duties and responsibilities may consist of one or more of the following:
- Counsel and advise students, on both an appointment and a drop-in basis.
- Perform specialized work duties as necessary during registration periods.
- Provide formal in-service training.
- Participate in program/service development activities.
- Coordinate efforts of counseling faculty to complete Program Review and participate in the process of SLO assessment and evaluation and use the results of these assessments in the process of continuously improving student learning.
- Perform other duties as required for the department and/or college.
- Counselors may also be assigned to teach one or more counseling courses during a semester.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency