Admissions Assistant (4723C), Haas School of Business 11632
Admissions Assistant (4723C), Haas School of Business 11632 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/&source=gmail&ust=1601578608669000&usg=AFQjCNEBHv8u2JUo_tJ4HKP2u6pUTxeUCA" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2015754&targetURL=https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/" target="_blank">https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the MBA programs for the Working Professionals admissions office. The position assists with processing documents, validating accuracy of information, and working directly with students through the admissions process.
- Prepare over 1,000 application files for reader evaluation, documenting the results in the database, and notifying applicants of any missing materials.
- Collect and process missing materials as received to complete files.
- Scheduling of applicant interviews over the phone and using calendaring software.
- Prepare admitted applicant files for Graduate Division approval.
- Assist with telephone and email inquiries regarding the Part-time MBA programs and admissions requirements.
- Other administrative duties, including heavy filing and mailings, as needed.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism.
- Related clerical/administrative experience in a professional business environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a high-performance environment and meet deadlines.
- Must have a high comfort level with technology, demonstrating proficiency with email, online scheduling, Microsoft Office (Access, Word, and Excel).
- Experience managing highly confidential personal data as it relates to reading student applications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience working in higher education and/or experience dealing with professional clientele.
- Experience working with international and domestic transcripts.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience up to $25.09, Step 7.0.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 9-month, part-time, 18.80 hours per week, variable, Limited (temporary) appointment with an end date. The targeted dates for this assignment are November 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=11632&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency