Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Pilot, under general supervision, conducts general flight and pre-flight duties to accomplish the center's testing and development plans, and to provide flight services to support data collection for Unmanned Aircraft Systems emerging technologies.
- Conduct all flight planning and pre-flight activities required to analyze, understand, and execute flight missions in accordance with the prescribed task and purpose of the mission.
- Complete all forms and records prior to flight missions, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform pre-flight inspection at least one hour prior to scheduled mission, including but not limited to checking existing and forecasted weather conditions for the flight, checking weight and balance for any included payloads, and determines aircraft performance based on anticipated aircraft and environmental conditions to ensure the necessary margin of safety.
- Maintain aircraft logbook and maintenance records.
- Document items necessary for billing of services and for maintaining a continuing record of aircraft historical data at the conclusion of each flight.
- Record and report any aircraft maintenance and/or aircraft, ground control station, and hand controller mechanical discrepancies for future maintenance action.
- Maintain physical security of all aircraft, computers, ground control stations, and organizational property required to conduct flight operations.
- Inspect, clean, and prepare aircraft at conclusion of each flight.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year of relevant pilot experience.
- Additional experience may be used as a substitution for the minimum education requirement:
- High School Diploma and five (5) years of related experience.
- Associates degree and three (3) years of related experience.
- Bachelors degree and one (1) year of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Holds and maintains a current Part 107 Certified Remote Pilot certificate.
- Current or prior airline, commercial, or military pilot experience.
- Documented minimum of 200 hours commercial or business-related remote pilot flight time, of which 50 hours must be pilot-in-command.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/UAS-Pilot_R-032977
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency