Academic Support Specialist
Academic Support Specialist
Job Number: 87443
Job Title: Student Services Specialist
Working Title: Academic Support Specialist
VPUE Unit: Academic Advising
Job Code: 7500
Job Grade: E
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
One Year Fixed-term; approximate start date: November 1, 2020-October 31, 2021.
Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a collaborative team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford. https://undergrad.stanford.edu/
VPUE is seeking a Student Services Specialist for a one-year fixed term. This position will provide administrative and operational support to the office of Academic Advising on issues and processes shared with the Registrar's Office in order to perform additional, critical work duties brought about by shifting COVID-response-related policy changes, including the related communication and workflow challenges that are a direct effect of the pivot to working remotely during the COVID Pandemic. The person in this position will resolve routine issues of limited scope using general guidelines and standards or precedence as reference.
Your responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the Registrar's Office and our joint COVID-19 response team, processing Requests for Exceptions to Academic Policy.
- Reviewing documents and forms for completeness; researching and resolving routine issues, logging information into electronic databases. Other general duties as needed, for ex.: responding to inquiries, tickets, emails; assisting with eForms testing, development, and content.
- Assist with processes related to the end-of-quarter Academic Progress Review. Such assistance will include tracking student enrollment as it relates to Leaves of Absence, etc.; tracking files for follow-up review; inputting data and updating electronic databases; collecting, gathering, and validating data, sorting and filing transcripts, and preparing basic reports.
- Serve as an administrative liaison between Academic Advising and the Registrar's Office. This will include sharing communication regarding important COVID-related policy updates that will directly affect the work of these two offices; responding to routine inquiries, and serving as subject matter resource to staff and external constituents as necessary; coordinating logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Provide support for general office administration and process improvements, particularly as they relate to the end-of-quarter Academic Progress Review and Requests for Exception to Academic Policy.
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
For undergraduates, VPUE is the nexus for programs and initiatives that help students define and achieve their intellectual ambitions at Stanford. These include investigative introductory courses taught by esteemed faculty, targeted classes in writing and rhetoric, undergraduate research support, academic advising and mentoring, overseas and off-campus study programs, and undergraduate scholarships and fellowships. For faculty, VPUE serves as a principal conduit for furthering interaction with undergraduates and discovering ways in which working with students can enrich one's research agenda. VPUE advocates for undergraduate education in collaboration with faculty, departments and schools across Stanford. All VPUE resources are dedicated to involving faculty with the undergraduate experience, connecting students with phenomenal opportunities and fully realizing a liberal education at Stanford.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
*-Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 87443 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4942
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: I
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87443
Location: Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency