Job Number: 87449
Under the direction the lead or Stanford Auxiliary Library Manager, employees in this classification, perform duties relating to the operations of a storeroom, and/or are responsible for one or more of the major functions of a large warehouse. This position selects, determines, and apply storekeeping guides, procedures, and methods without specific instructions from supervisors.
Stanford Auxiliary Library 3 (SAL3) is an off-campus warehouse for Stanford University Libraries collections. SAL3 is located in Livermore, California. It is a high-density, high-efficiency, climate-controlled warehouse holding millions of books and boxes. Materials are stored on 30-foot high shelves and staff use forklifts to access materials.
The Storage Facility Worker/Back Up Driver will receive, process and shelve library items (such as books, boxes, flat materials) transferred to SAL3 from Stanford's campus libraries. Once processed, these items become available to circulate back to the Stanford campus locations as requested by library users and staff. As requests from campus are received, the Storage Facility Worker will pick items that are ordered, process them via routine procedures, and prepare them for delivery. As a backup driver, the Storage Facility Worker will periodically drive the delivery truck round-trip from Livermore to Stanford's campus for delivery and pickup of materials at several campus locations.
- Operate a storeroom or be responsible for one or more functional areas in a large warehouse which receives, stores, and issues a variety of general items
- Independently perform tasks in connection with checking and tallying special and/or technical items of supply
- Handle and store stock items which require special treatment which deviates from established storekeeping methods; requires knowledge of stock which may be susceptible to spontaneous combustion, toxicity, rapid deterioration, contamination, fragility, non-standard packaging etc. or may be unique and rare materials
- Expedite material and equipment including searching for sources of supply. Exercise judgment in estimating amounts of supplies needed for replenishment.
- Check stock against shipping authorizations for agreement as to quantities, descriptions, size, condition, and conformance to purchase order
- Makes recommendations of process improvement
- May perform any of the duties described in the Storekeeper I specification or other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety rules
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or equivalent and two years' experience in storekeeping or other related field, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Requires thorough knowledge of warehouse methods and procedures which is generally associated with one to two years' experience in a relevant University department.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude
- Ability to organize records and materials with efficiency.
- Familiarity with computers
- Ability to operate a forklift or stand-up order picker
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid California Class C Non-commercial Driver's License.
- Certification of forklift training after 1 month of employment and maintain certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class C Driver's License.
- Must be able to push and maneuver a fully loaded cart weighing up to 650 pounds that requires an initial push force up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to operate stand-up order picker.
May be required to work overtime, evenings and weekends, including Holidays, sometimes in inclement weather conditions.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/hr-processes-policies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://library.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87449
Location: University Libraries, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency