Job Number: 87451
Job Title: Accountant 1
Working Title: Accountant
Job Code: 4441
Job Grade: G
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Haas Center for Public Service is seeking a skilled, diligent, and self-motivated accountant to join its finance and administration team. The accountant will perform moderately complex accounting activities and functions, including monitoring accounts, preparing documentation, expenditure reconciliations and reviews, revenue reporting/accounting, purchases and reimbursements, service agreements, general ledger transactions, and journal entries.
Your responsibilities will include:
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Associate degree plus two years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
Proficiency in basic business applications, such as Microsoft Office; user knowledge of Excel.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Ability to draft professional e-mails, memos, business letters, and reports, and to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Ability to learn project management skills and to participate as part of a project team.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About the Haas Center for Public Service
Stanford University's Haas Center for Public Service serves as the hub of Cardinal Service, a campus-wide initiative to make service a distinctive feature of a Stanford education. The Haas Center inspires and prepares students to create a more just and sustainable world through service, scholarship, and community partnerships. Guided by the Center's Principles of Ethical and Effective Service, students engage in local, national, and global service across diverse pathways—community engaged learning and research, community organizing and activism, direct service, philanthropy, policy and governance, and social entrepreneurship and corporate social responsibility.
Cardinal Service focuses on four dimensions that have proven transformative in the lives of students: a full-time, quarter-long service experience (Cardinal Quarter); community engaged learning classes (Cardinal Courses); sustained service engagement (Cardinal Commitment); and support to integrate service into any career and pursue work in the public interest (Cardinal Careers).
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 87451 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4441
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://obgyn.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 87451
Location: Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency