Clinical Assistant Professor
Position InformationPosition Number004749Working TitleClinical Assistant ProfessorClassification Title9-Mo Non-Tenure Track FacultyCollegeCollege of Health & Human Svc (Col)DepartmentKinesiologyPosition DesignationFacultyEmployment TypePermanent - Full-timeMonths per year9Primary Purpose of Department
The Department of Kinesiology (http://kinesiology.uncc.edu) is a dynamic unit with an interdisciplinary focus. It is one of four academic units within the College of Health and Human Services. Our programs include: B.S. in Exercise Science (CAAHEP-accredited); the new M.S. in Athletic Training (CAATE-accreditation pending); M.S. in Kinesiology consisting of an Applied Physiology Concentration (research focus) and a CAAHEP-accredited clinical exercise physiology concentration; M.S. in Respiratory Care (CoARC provisional accreditation); B.S. in Respiratory Therapy (CoARC provisional accreditation); B.S. in Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science (CAAHEP-accredited). Our unit is home to a state of the art Health Risk Assessment Program (https://kinesiology.uncc.edu/health-risk-assessment-program). In addition, the Department has faculty affiliated with the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Biology (http://biology.uncc.edu/graduate-programs/phd-program) and the Ph.D. Program in Health Services Research (https://publichealth.uncc.edu/degrees-and-programs/graduate-programs/phd-health-services-research).Vacancy Open toAll CandidatesDescription of Work
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte recognizes the differentiation of mission, goals, and objectives inherent in the diversity of disciplines represented by its colleges and departments. Thus, the Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions for Non-Tenure Track Faculty should be interpreted in the context of the related departmental and collegiate teaching goals.
Teaching – Faculty responsibilities and essential functions with respect to teaching may include but are not limited to: subject matter competence, course design, course presentation, and grading student work.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position is responsible for advising and teaching specialized undergraduate courses, with some graduate instruction possible; and may serve as practicum coordinator within respiratory care programs. The successful candidate will provide professional service and contribute to the University’s Diversity Plan. The successful candidate for this position will engage in high-quality online teaching and will participate in departmental governance, research and scholarship, and service activities.Minimum Experience/Education
UNC Charlotte gives primary consideration to the earned masters and/or terminal degree in the teaching discipline or a related discipline.Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Terminal degree in respiratory care, health science, education, or a related discipline from a regionally accredited university required, or extensive practical experience in the mutually agreed upon realms of responsibility. Clinical experience as either a registered respiratory therapist (RRT) or physician is required. An active respiratory care practitioner license or eligible to obtain a license in North Carolina is required. Experience teaching in an academic respiratory therapy program or a combination of equivalent professional experiences is required. Preferred qualifications include at least two years of college teaching experience in respiratory therapy.Necessary Licenses/Certifications
Advanced professional credentials/certifications (NPS, ACCS, RPFT, RPSGT, AE-C, etc) are preferred. Experience with distance education instruction is preferred but not required.Special Notes to Applicants
Please upload the following documents withy our electronic submission:
1) Current resume or curriculum vitae
2) Cover letter / letter of interest
3) Unofficial transcripts
4) Contact information for three references
5) Research interest statement: please include a brief history of any past research and scholarship experience (e.g., journal publication, abstract poster presentation at a conference, or other professional presentation), any current research and scholarship activities (e.g., publications under review, upcoming abstract poster presentation at a conference, or collaborations) and the future work you are interested in completing (not to exceed two single-spaced page).
6) Teaching philosophy: please include highlights of your beliefs about effective and engaging teaching and learning, provides examples to illustrate your current practices, and how you will implement those practices in the context of respiratory therapy degree advancement programs, including how you may incorporate a commitment to diversity (not to exceed two single-spaced pages).
A criminal background check will be required of the chosen candidate.
The chosen candidate will be required to to submit an official transcript of their highest earned degree.Job Open Date10/03/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesDate Review of Applications will BeginProposed Hire Date01/20/2021If time-limited, please indicate appointment end dateContact InformationPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Circa (formerly known as Local JobNetwork)
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact Information for References
- Research Interest Statement
- Teaching Philosophy