Temporary Research Pool
Position InformationPosition NumberSTMP15Working TitleTemporary Research PoolDivisionBusiness AffairsDepartmentHuman Resources (Adm)Work UnitAll departmentsWork LocationCampus WideVacancy Open ToAll CandidatesPosition DesignationNon-Student TemporaryEmployment TypeHours per week15Work Schedule
Monday through Friday but may work early morning / weekend / evening hours as may be necessary depending on departmental needs.Pay Rate20Minimum Experience/Education
- Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Assist or conduct research as required by the department.
- General knowledge, skill and understanding to perform standard duties related to the research. Knowledge and skills to use instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to observe, collect and record a variety of data.
- Responsibilities may include: conducting experiments, collecting and summarizing data, and providing proper laboratory/study subject care.
- Duties will vary by departmental needs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, combined with a strong customer service orientation are essential.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned based on departmental needs
- This pool is used for the as-needed purpose of hiring an employee for either part-time or full-time temporary employment. Whenever a department has a need for temporary research support, this pool will be reviewed to obtain potential candidates. Applicants will be contacted directly by the hiring officials to arrange an interview, if qualified.
- Applicants in this pool will remain active until October 31, 2020. If you have continued interest in temporary employment beyond that time, you will need to reapply for the next available temporary pool.
- Part-time temporary positions do not offer healthcare benefits, leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service).
- Full-time temporary positions do not offer leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement or benefits (state service). However, full-time temporary employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Please use these links for more information:
-http://hr.uncc.edu/benefits/health-plan-optionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Circa (formerly known as Local JobNetwork)
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Have you previously worked in a college or university or other institution of higher learning?
- Do you have prior experience in Institutional Research in the private, public or educational sector?
- Do you have professional experience in research support activities, such as data collection, data entry, and testing?
- Do you have professional experience planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating social/clinical research? If yes, please explain your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Contact Information for References
- Other Document