Transcript and Transfer Analyst
TITLE: Transcript and Transfer Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Registrar
REPORTS TO: Registrar
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Office of the Registrar seek a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join its team as a Transfer Credit Counselor. This professional facilitates the university’s mission by building relationships with prospective transfer students, as well as other higher education institutions, to help attract future Thorobreds well-suited to KSU’s programs. The position is responsible for identifying, supporting recruitment of, and motivating students of diverse backgrounds to make well-informed decisions as they navigate the transfer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of transfer credit policy, student recruitment (specifically transfer student recruitment), academic advising, admission policies, records policies and procedures, and degree audit functionality.
- Knowledge of best practices to support transfer students and documented ability and initiative to stay current on best practices in related fields.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Superb oral and written communication skills to include presenting. Ability to recognize and provide excellent customer service over the phone, in writing and in person. Documented ability to clearly convey information to individuals and groups.
- Ability to work independently and as an influential part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills; capable of handling a great deal of detail effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment; identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful or difficult situations (e.g. periods of extremely heavy workloads, continual deadlines, shifting priorities, frequent interruptions) in a calm, constructive and professional manner, particularly as it relates to handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
OTHER DUTIES: Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Two years’ experience working full time in a post-secondary educational environment or equivalent customer service environment where rules and regulations are applied to individual customers.
- Substantial experience working with complex web applications, database management systems, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, calendaring, email, and web browsers within the last 3-5 years. Familiarity with Banner, Toad/SQL, and/or Degree Works within the last 3-5 years is preferred.
- Experience in public speaking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Experience and knowledge of working with Banner, Degree Works and Wired
- Experience in working with community colleges and transcripts
- Knowledge of how to convert grades based on transfer degrees and articulation agreements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and critical review capability
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.