Maintenance Technician - Housing
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a Maintenance Technician - Housing position in the Department of Facilities and Plant Operations.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
JOB SUMMARY:This position is responsible for performing general maintenance in the residence halls.
- Performs installation, maintenance and repairs relating to all systems within the housing facilities.Responds to assigned work orders in a timely manner, ensures job is completed to the campus standard and closes the work order out.Repairs wire, switches, outlets, lights and equipment as instructed. Assists in replacing air condition grills, filters and HVAC equipment, and supports departmental housekeeping personnel as needed.Performs general maintenance as instructed and after hours, weekend or break and holiday on-call responsibilities as needed.Replaces damaged ceiling tile and floor tile. Paints and patches walls, ceilings, and doors as instructedRepairs drains, lavatories, flush-valves, fixtures and pipes as instructed. Installs bathroom and shower room accessories such as towel bars, soap dispensers, tissue holders, and clothes hooks.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of continuous general building maintenance experience including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and painting.; or High School diploma and five years of continuous general building maintenance experience including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and painting.; or a combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet or exceed the University's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and safety precautions in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience.
- Experience in a university setting
- Working indoors and outdoors as necessary.
- Working in extreme heat or cold conditions on occasion.
- Some evening, night and weekend work as needed.
- Ability to push and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Ability to work in extreme heat, cold and noisy areas.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, reaching overhead, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at [email protected] or (478)825-6301. Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com