03-Oct-2020 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a Skilled Trades Technician - HVAC Mechanic position in the Department of Facilities and Plant Operations.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to maintain and repair the campus building and equipment. The primary function of this position is to maintain and repair HVAC systems, but will assist other building maintenance tasks such as plumbing and electrical.
Performs daily reactive maintenance work orders and preventive maintenance work orders on all commercial building associated mechanical equipment including chillers, boilers, pumps, cooling towers, air handling units, hot water heaters, humidifiers, variable frequency drives, variable volume and powered induction units, pneumatic and electric control HVAC systems.Operates energy management or building automation systems that control heating and cooling systems.Performs minor installation of modification work on heating and cooling systems and controls, including planning the work; estimating and arranging the materials, supplies and equipment required; and coordinating with other trades.
- High School diploma and five years of experience; or a combination of education and experience within the HVAC trade.
- Knowledge of refrigerant theory and computation of heating and cooling loads with capacities.
- Possession of U.S Environmental Protection Administration" Universal" certification for handling and disposal of refrigerant.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet or exceed the University's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience within HVAC trade.
- Class I or Class II HVAC license.
- Experience in a university setting.
- Other MEP trades skills.
- Working outdoors and in enclosed areas is required.
- Working in extreme heat or cold conditions on occasion.
- Some evening, night and weekend work as needed.
- Ability to push and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may be required.
- Ability to work in extreme heat, cold and noisy areas.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at [email protected]
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com