FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a Skilled Trades Supervisor position in the Department of Facilities and Plant Operations.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position supervises general carpentry, painting, door/lock related maintenance and repairs for all campus buildings, facilities and equipment. Also, will coordinate and manage small renovation projects.
- Generates and receives general carpentry, painting, door/lock work orders from the work order system; schedule work assignments, monitors progress and quality work.
- Develops small project scope to issue for bids.
- Solicit and evaluates project bids and schedules the projects with contractors.
- Functions as a working supervisor. Performs quality check on campus facilities and take necessary corrective actions to address any imperfections.Inspects, monitors and supervises contractor work performance.Orders equipment and supplies as necessary.Ensures compliance with all OSHA/EPA regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the practices, tools and equipment used in facilities maintenance.Knowledge of Microsoft office software.Knowledge of carpentry methods and mathematics necessary.Knowledge of paint types and paint mixing.Ability to manage repair and renovation projects.Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School diploma and four years of experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, painting, and door/lock, with journey level experience.
- Experience managing subcontractors.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet or exceed the University's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience.Experience in keying systems and building control access.Experience of electronic lock installation and repair.Carpentry experienceProject Management experience.
- Eight (8) years relevant work experience.
- May be required to work overtime, evenings, and weekends, including holidays, sometimes in inclement weather conditions.
- Frequently kneel/crawl, and climb.
- Constantly stand/walk.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at [email protected] or (478)825-6301. Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com