IT Director / Manager
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-02
The School of Data Science at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for an IT Director / Manager to support the strategic IT goals of the school. The role of the IT Director / Manager is to develop and maintain IT strategies, oversee systems and overall infrastructure, research and implement technological solutions, and troubleshoot and resolve technology issues. They manage resources and processes related to a CRM implementation. They provide strategic direction and hands-on oversight in the analysis, design, configuration, and data management solutions for the CRM and other programs to maximize the use of data. They must work collaboratively and effectively amongst the various teams within the School of Data Science and at UVA. Being a consensus builder that is able to get diverse teams with varied needs onboard to IT and data management solutions is essential.
The School of Data Science – UVA’s 12th school and the first established since 2007 – will position the University as a global leader in efforts to improve society through teaching and research based on the powerful, emerging field of Data Science. UVA has offered a Master of Science in Data Science since 2013 and the new School of Data Science will offer doctoral, masters and undergraduate degree programs, helping to meet soaring demand for qualified Data Science professionals in a field that plays a key role in the global information-based economy.
The School of Data Science is committed to recruiting researchers and faculty at all levels who possess a diversity of life experiences. We especially encourage applications from individuals who are members of underrepresented groups and who have worked to support the broadening of student access to Data Science careers. We are committed to creating and benefiting from an environment where a diverse group of capable, inspired individuals interact and collaborate to learn and advance knowledge without barriers.
This position will be filled by a director or manager depending on the candidate’s experience, knowledge and skills.
To be considered for the role of IT Manager candidates must possess the following:
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of IT experience with progressive responsibilities and demonstration of leadership
To be considered for the role of IT Director candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of IT experience with progressive responsibilities and demonstration of leadership
- Previous work experience with a CRM
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in Salesforce implementations with strong expertise in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Force.com.
- Experience managing large-scale implementations of CRM solutions
- Experience working in Lightning/Communities, APEX, Custom coding, Process Builder, Triggers, Visualforce, and Visual Workflow.
- Experience with Salesforce API and Web Services (REST/SOAP/Bulk).
- Experience with ETL and Salesforce integration tools (MuleSoft, Informatica, SnapLogic).
- Experience with environment management, release management, code versioning, and deployment methodologies.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for "R0019020". Complete an application online and see below for documents to attach.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, “R0019020” complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box or you can combine them into one PDF.
Complete an application online and attach:
oContact information for 3 references
***Please note that ALL requested documents MUST be uploaded into the resume/cv section of the application.***
For questions about the application process be contact Rhiannon O’Coin senior recruiter at email@example.com
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.