GME Space & Simulation Specialist
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-02
Responsible for performing creative and technical functions related to video, audio and multimedia productions, including computer imaging and digital messaging. Maintains calendars for Board Room, Simulation Laboratory and GME Auditorium and manages Simulation Laboratory.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships.
- Provides multi-media products and specialized media services (educational videos, digital messaging, audio-visual support).
- Maintains industry standards for video equipment and videography production skills.
- Provides coordination and support for Programs.
- Develops and maintains information systems, including databases, electronic files and websites.
- Develops, implements and maintains effective and professional office practices and procedures.
- Maintains calendars for Board Room, Simulation Laboratory and GME Auditorium.
- Manages Simulation Laboratory
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred.
Experience: 3 years of experience (working knowledge) with audio / visual equipment setup and operation, audio conferencing, video conferencing, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), as well as Photoshop, NetMeeting, CPS audience response system.
Licensure: None required.
Job requires sitting/standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping/traveling (distance: 1 – 2 miles/day), climbing (ladder, steps) and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail, follow through, effectively managing multiple ongoing tasks, and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.