Nurse Clinical Research III/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Clinical Research III/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24702Working TitleDepartment Name7H140:EMERGENCY MEDICINEWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$25.71-42.94/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ADNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
7 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Licensed Nurse and Research CertificationPhysical Requirements
Lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 50lbs; stand or walk with objects up to 25lbs; and possible exposure to radiation, cuts/punctures, bloodborne/airborne pathogens, and/or challenging individuals.Shift
The Nurse Clinical Research III will be instrumental to the success of clinical trials at the University, and will lead evaluations and treatments of study subjects along with the attending physician and/or Principal Investigator. Essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to, assuming responsibility for identification and recruitment of research patients, as well as assessing, planning and implementing research related activities while using a wide repertory of assessment tools to determine the research patient’s needs. In addition, this position will evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care that is planned, administered or delegated.
Complete data management and compliance related to research subjects and studies will also be important job functions, and this position will ensure data collection and entry is completed as well as accurately reported. The Nurse Clinical Research III will also analyze research teams performance in relation to study data timelines, query completion and sponsor satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be expected to ensure compliance with University of Kentucky policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local regulations. In addition, this position will evaluate and implement change based upon study team compliance with required study procedures and GCP standards.
The University of Kentucky, an academic medical center, has maintained a strong strategic focus on clinical research and has made significant investments in the development and expansion of core research facilities, as well as the ability to strengthen engagement and translation of research. Come join our team to see what makes UK one great place to work!
The ideal candidate must be customer service oriented and have effective time management, planning and organizational, attention to detail, observation, decision making and analytical skills. This individual must be a team player and possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with a strong respect for diversity, high emotional intelligence and confidentiality. In addition, we are looking for experience with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of clinical trial standards.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
A strong clinical knowledge base, as well as experience with evaluating the effectiveness of nursing care. In addition, a strong working knowledge of best practice data management techniques and research regulations.Deadline to Apply10/18/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Do you hold a current active research certification or are you eligible to obtain this certification by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid employment experience as a nurse.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter