Targeted Assessment Specialist
Posting DetailsJob TitleTargeted Assessment SpecialistRequisition NumberRE24790Working TitleJessamine County Targeted Assessment Opioid Use SpecialistDepartment Name7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEAWork LocationNicholasville, KYGrade Level44Salary Range$41,475-66,373/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours/week)Job Summary
The UK Targeted Assessment Program (TAP) is an innovative program to identify and address barriers to self-sufficiency and safety among Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) clients.
TAP’s Opioid Use Disorder Project (TAP OUD) will expand TAP services, focusing on individuals with or at/risk for opioid use disorders. The Targeted Assessment Specialist (TAS) is a UK employee who will work full-time at the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office in Nicholasville, Jessamine County, KY to:
1) conduct assessment interviews with DCBS clients in the areas of mental health, substance use, intimate partner violence, and learning problems;
2) provide intensive pre-treatment and case management services;
3) facilitate referrals to appropriate services/agencies;
4) provide follow-up services.
The TAS will also: provide consultation; collaborate effectively with multiple service systems; and be responsible for documentation, reports and entry of information into the program’s database.
Frequent travel in the county and region is required. The TAS provides non-traditional community based services such as home visits and participant transportation to services.
Engagement, assessment and intervention; written and verbal communication; MS Windows, Excel, and other basic computer skills; entering data into a web-based system.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Master’s degree plus 3 years of related direct service experience in social work, counseling/case management, or other human service field; strong substance use assessment and intervention skillsDeadline to Apply11/01/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that this position will work out of a Department for Community Based Services office in Jessamine county, KY and routinely requires home visits and transportation of participants.
- * Please describe your experience and the reasons for your interest working with low-income parents with/at risk for opioid use disorders facing multiple barriers to self-sufficiency and safety.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter