Multimedia Web Designer
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190644EPInternal Recruitment NoWorking TitleMultimedia Web DesignerAnticipated Hiring Range$60,000 - $64,000Work ScheduleM-F - 8-5 with possibility for flexible schedule and telecommutingJob LocationRaleigh, NCDepartment DELTAAbout the Department
DELTA’s role within the Office of the Provost is to foster the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs, both on the campus and at a distance. We coordinate the funding and production of all distance-based credit programs and courses for the university, and promote high-quality education by extending the reach of the faculty and collaboratively applying expertise in technology and pedagogy in an efficient, effective, and service-oriented environment.Essential Job Duties
The Lead Multimedia Web Designer provides direct support for front-end web design, graphic design, user interface and user experience design in support of DE student recruitment efforts, the promotion of DELTA products and services and enterprise academic technologies as well as course development and instructional tool development. This position provides a leadership role for planning outreach campaigns and measuring outcomes to inform future strategy.
This position reports to the Creative Director, New Media Development and performs as a core member of this in-house team, while working collaboratively with instructional designers, multimedia specialists, video producers, web application and web content developers as well as other university personnel. The New Media Development team collaborates with faculty and staff to design and develop effective web communications solutions, rich-media applications, learning materials and graphic elements to support the educational environment. The production environment for this position is collaborative and team-oriented. Duties include:
- Produces graphic design solutions, front-end web design and asset development in support of marketing and communications campaign/advertising initiatives.
- Provides leadership in the design and development of web templates, user-interface solutions, and course websites to enhance online education and student success.
- Provides leadership, conceptual and stylistic direction in support of web design, internal DELTA marketing communications, external marketing and advertising and campus outreach.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and expertise in the area of graphic design, motion graphics, typography, web design, UI design, UX design and brand management.
- Contributes UX expertise, graphic and web design support for DELTA course development efforts as directed (e.g. DELTA Grants).
- Develops process flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Consults and collaborates with Instructional Design staff to define, educate and inform applications for multimedia, web design and visual communications strategies.
- Seeks out and encourages opportunities for cross-team training and visibility
Works closely with DELTA teams on building efficiencies, shared vision and production workflow for marketing and advertising media development.
- Provides art direction and supervision for full-time staff, part-time staff, vendors and collaborating teams as it pertains to DELTA’s brand, vision and mission. This includes recruiting and retaining staff.
- Leads and coordinates design research efforts that further inform project direction and media solutions and encourage efforts to find common solutions across multiple projects.
- Defines and documents production processes and establishes priorities for brand management, marketing and outreach production projects.
- Serves as a member in campus-wide and professional groups related to web and graphic design, UI, UX, marketing and brand.
- Leads strategic initiatives for DELTA, NC State Online including organizing, planning, and developing cohesive campaign proposals for marketing initiatives.
- Develops and participates in conference presentations, workshops, cross-training and/or faculty development initiatives as directed.
- Recommends hardware and software necessary to sustain and/or improve multimedia production efforts.
- Ensures adherence to copyright, trademark laws and established university policies and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of emerging multimedia technologies and finds creative solutions to further marketing and communications efforts.
- 4-year degree in Media Arts, Design, Communications, Educational Media or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience producing graphics, media and related web-based products.
- 2+ years experience in managing projects, vendors and resources including managing timelines, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, and meeting milestones and deliverables within a team-based. environment.
- Proficiency in software, hardware and production processes related to multimedia and graphic design.
- Experience in developing strategic marketing and communications campaigns.
Demonstrated proficiency in front-end web design, print design, graphic design, multimedia authoring, digital imaging, photography, HTML, CSS and interface design.
- Experience in managing print production, print vendors, preparing files for print, performing press checks, and a general knowledge of current printing technologies and services.
- Excellent client management skills.
Expertise in digital communication tools and multimedia applications (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Awareness of usability and accessibility considerations in multimedia design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to facilitate teamwork, ability to work well in a collegial relationship with faculty, staff, and students.
- 5+ years professional experience in marketing, advertising, media communications or related field.
- Expertise in HTML, CSS and content management systems (eg. WordPress).
- Knowledge of emerging multimedia technologies as related to teaching and learning.
n/aValid NC Driver's License requiredNoCommercial Driver's License requiredNoJob Open Date09/29/2020Anticipated Close DateOpen Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. In addition, please use the “Other Document 1” field to attach a link to a portfolio showcasing web design and multimedia skills, preferably including information about project goals and your role in creating materials.Position Number00100654Position TypeEHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00Appointment12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoDepartment ID339001 - DELTAAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a 4-year Bachelor’s or higher degree in Design, Media Arts, Instructional Technology or related field?
- * Please describe one specific item from your portfolio, including the goals for the project and your role in creating the final product.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience developing web materials for education? If yes, please describe the most relevant project.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have at least 3 years of experience designing and producing multimedia applications, digital media, graphics and web-based projects?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References
- Other Document (1)