Information Center Assistant
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Job TitleInformation Center AssistantPosting NumberP002685Position TypePart-TimePosition StatusPart TimeGrant FundedNoGrant Funding SourceN/ACategoryClericalClass Code35Pay Rate$13.99DepartmentDT Information CenterJob Summary
The Information Center Assistant plays a key role in helping new to college prospects and current students by providing excellent customer care in enrollment and technical support within a contact center environment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides phone, email and chat support within a contact center environment
• Ensures excellent customer care delivery through attitude, attention, passion and the ability to connect with prospects and students
• Accurately creates, escalates and closes customer cases
• Effectively collaborates and communicates with co-workers by submitting updates and event announcements.
• Accurately creates and edits knowledge base articles
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and follow procedures
• Ability to think independently and make decisions
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One year experience working in a contact center environment or equivalent customer service experience
• Proficient with Windows and Mac OS operating systems with superb navigation skills utilizing various browser applications
• Types a minimum of 35 wpm
• Professional telephone etiquette with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
• Student or work experience at TCC or another institution of higher learning
• Bilingual: Spanish or Vietnamese
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.
Applicants must be available between the hours of 3 pm – 7 pm, M-Th and 1:30 pm – 5 pm, Friday.
This posting will be utilized to fill three (3) part-time Information Center Assistant opportunities.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a contact center environment/customer service experience?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * Are you fluent in any of the following languages?
- None of the above
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)