Instructional Assistant - Reading & Writing Resource Center
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Job TitleInstructional Assistant - Reading & Writing Resource CenterPosting NumberP002670Position TypePart-TimePosition StatusPart TimeGrant FundedNoGrant Funding SourceN/ACategoryInstructional SupportClass Code52Pay Rate$16.28DepartmentSE Liberal ArtsJob Summary
Responsible for assisting with instructional tasks in a laboratory setting to assist the teaching staff.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers classroom tests to student with disabilities
• Identifies academic needs of students and gives instructions needed to remedy deficiencies in specified discipline
• Helps students with study skills and methods of study
• Responds to technical needs
• Supports and coordinates activities with faculty
• Coordinates and schedules lab usage
• Prepares and maintains classrooms for applicable learning activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours with courses in the specialized field from a regionally accredited college or university and two (2) years of work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Experience tutoring Speech
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.Posted10/02/2020ContactM. Kathy Nevins*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have directly related to this position?
- Less than 1 year experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)