Senior Enterprise Architect
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the ACIO IT-Infrastructure Services or designee, the Enterprise Architect supports a holistic view and roadmap of the Medical School’s technology strategy and processes through partnerships with internal technology groups to ensure that proposed technical solutions align with UMMS’s overall objectives. They also partner with the businesses they support, internal innovation teams, and IT functional areas by helping identify and document new technical opportunities while providing guidance and ensuring solutions align with the Medical School and IT strategies.Responsibilities
- Act as interdepartmental liaison to customer and business units, insuring technology solutions meet business requirements.
- Evaluate evolving technologies to determine if they can be leveraged in the UMASSMED environment.
- Identify implementation risks and potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Draft/develop customer and enterprise driven technology solutions to drive business effectiveness.
- Recommend and participate in activities related to design, development and maintenance of Infrastructure Architecture.
- Research overall relevant solutions on the market for specific technical requirements and business needs. Reviews with Sr. Enterprise Architect.
- Actively participate in meetings related to projects with clients and/or customers.
- Share best practices, and lessons learned.
- Constantly update the technical system architecture documentation and requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience.
- 6 years of related work experience including project management
- Well-rounded knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing infrastructure solutions.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Strong knowledge of VMWARE virtualization technologies and concepts. (Including vSphere, vCloud, vRealize, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of networking, storage and related concepts.
- Familiarity with database server design. (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a focus on teamwork