GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Lead Custodian and Unit Director, performs general janitorial and custodial work in connection with the cleaning and maintenance of the Westboro Adolescent Units. Will perform other related work as needed or required.
- Cleans offices, patient rooms, corridors, bathrooms, kitchens and Day Rooms as well as all staff and patient related spaces daily or as assigned.
- Cleans, waxes, polishes and buffs floors; washes windows, woodwork, toilets, lavatories, washrooms and fixtures; dusts/polishes furniture in offices, rooms corridors and other spaces.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles, garbage cans and other garbage barrels.
- Assists in the loading and unloading of various trucks delivering supplies for the Unit.
- Service water coolers by cleaning water bottles and ice compartments, supply fresh water when needed and emptying drip receptacles daily.
- May perform related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of materials, equipment and methods commonly employed in housekeeping and cleaning operations.
- Ability to operate, care for and make general repairs of electric sweepers and other basic household cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures and principles of using floor cleaners safely.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of the type, properties and quality of uses of cleaning supplies and equipment and their effect on the various types of construction and finishes.
- Tasks may require considerable walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, lifting of up to 50 lbs, ability to reach, climb stepladders, possess sufficient vision, hearing and the ability to safely and efficiently perform required tasks.
- Must be able to perform all duties of position with reasonable accommodation if necessary.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives direct supervision from the Lead Custodian and the Unit Director (or designee).
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working on an inpatient adolescent psychiatry unit which is locked. Patients may become threatening and/or aggressive verbally and/or physically.