Position Title: Network Technician
Bachelor’sdegree in Computer or relatedfield preferred and a minimum of 2 years’ experience; or Associate’sDegree in a related field and a minimumof 4 years relevant experience working with network communication systems,such as network switches/routers, VOIP Phones, cable installation/management,UPS Systems, and audio video/multimedia. Possession of a valid driver’s licenseat the time of hire and throughout employment and the ability to workoccasional evenings and weekends required.
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible,high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of ourstudents. We are the community’s college, committed to student success throughpartnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The Network Technician position offers the opportunity to help studentsachieve success by making sure they have accessible internet connectivity. Thesuccessful candidate will be helping to support the network infrastructurewhich is an important foundation for student achievement. This position offersa fast paced work environment that brings new challenges regularly. It isresponsible for maintaining the data connectivity for the entire College. Thesuccessful candidate will be a team player who thrives in an environment thatreflects the core values of the College. Mohawk Valley Community Collegeis committed to transforming lives through learning.
This position is responsible for network transmission infrastructure to insure continuity across copper, fiber optic, and wirelesstransmission technologies to support data, video, and Voice Over InternetProtocol (VOIP). Provides services for the installation, configuration, andtroubleshooting of digital switches/routers, wireless transmitters/receivers,telephones, video cameras, and UPS Systems.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates network infrastructure installations, troubleshooting, and repairs;
- Installs network communications hardware, such as ethernet switches, UTP and fiber optic cable, patch panels, remote auxiliary power supplies, and network authentication services and other wireless devices;
- Responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and reporting of network communication problems;
- Monitors and maintains network documentation, diagrams, and systems;
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots any network IP devices and associate systems VOIP telephone, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices;
- Assists with network and server administration tasks;
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots video surveillance equipment and systems;
- Maintains appropriate fixed asset data during receiving, relocations, and disposition processes;
- Performs other duties related to the job description and as assigned by the Executive Director of Information Technology.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 10/15/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.