Program Coordinator, Educator Equity & Diversity Initiatives
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleProgram Coordinator, Educator Equity & Diversity InitiativesDepartmentDAL-Teacher Education & Admin-518200Job LocationDallasFull Time/Part TimeSalary InformationCommensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
About the School of Education at UNT Dallas: Our public schools are the great equalizer of our society. Education can help us end poverty. It can promote social justice Education can help end discrimination and promote diversity. The education of this generation will determine the world our next generation inherits. But, our schools can only be as effective as its teachers. That’s why the University of North Texas at Dallas’ School of Education provides a world-class educational program designed to train tomorrow’s teachers via a holistic approach, equipping these critical leaders with the most current teaching competencies and clinical skills along with social and emotional learning tools needed for today’s classrooms.Position Overview
The Coordinator of Educator Equity and Diversity Initiatives will strengthen inter and intra-organizational partnerships that lead to sustainable and effective future educator pipelines for UNTD School of Education.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with project management tools and their effective use in managing projects.
- Formal or informal training in developing community relationships and engaging clients in program services
- Manage and expand program partnerships.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with diverse populations at varying levels verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop budgets and monitor expenditures
- Excellent oral and written communications capabilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to direct a wide variety of services efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records and generate reports.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications"
- Master’s Degree in Education REQUIRED
- Doctoral Degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership or related field PREFERRED
- Valid Texas Principal and/or Superintendent Certification (no probationary or intern certificates).
- Bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English for verbal and oral communications.
- Experience in three or more years as a principal or K12 academic, instructional, or central office leader.
- Experience teaching in higher education settings for three or more years.
Monday through Friday and some weekendsDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleProgram ManagerPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
- Create and manage systems to disperse program information across a broad set of partners including local school districts, community college systems, early college high school programs, and community-based organizations.o
- Set and track long and short-term recruitment goals UNTD THRIVE diverse male teacher candidate initiatives and specialized populations in the School of Education in partnership with area independent school districts.o
- Coordinate the Call Me Mister program in partnership with Dallas ISD.o
- Grow and deepen inter and intra-organizational partnerships that lead to sustainable and effective future educator pipelines for UNT Dallas School of Education.o
- Amplify awareness of UNT Dallas’ SOE programs and degree pathways with different internal and external stakeholders.o
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data, best-practices, and knowledge of the educational landscape to set strategy for recruitment and enrollment of diverse candidates into the educational field.o
- Coordinate review sessions for the Texas Examination for Educator Standards for UNTD educator candidates and graduates.o
- Manage grant-funded recruitment and marketing initiatives to meet goals; develop detailed reports on outcomes; and interface with granters to tell our story and elicit further support.o
- For those grants managed, provide data for grantors.o
- Work across multiple university departments (registrar, recruitment, enrollment, and School of Education, at least) to pull together data sets that will inform recruitment goal-setting and progress tracking.Posting NumberS1178PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39813Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae