Student Services Associate
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleStudent Services AssociateDepartmentDAL-Registrar-521260Job LocationDallasFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary Commensurate With ExperienceDepartment Summary
The Office of the Registrar services areas including enrollment, academic records, degree certification and diplomas, grade collection and recording, transfer credit processing, student-athlete and veteran certification, course and classroom scheduling, academic curriculum and catalog, and much more.Position Overview
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Student Services Associate (Registrar’s Office).
This position is responsible for overseeing and supervising an area of the Office of the Registrar which may include: general Registrar services; transfer articulation; degree audit coordination; graduation processing; Veteran and athletic certification; degree verifications; or other specialized support within the Office of the Registrar.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, reporting, and evaluation of services offered.
- Enforcing policies pertaining to assigned function.
- Maintaining security of materials and facilities.
- Interpreting and communicating a broad range of policy and procedural information to students, former students, faculty, staff, and all of campus community.
- Preparing, analyzing, and monitoring reports and maintaining statistical data in assigned area.
- Completing special assignments, projects, and tasks as requested.
Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of University policies including FERPA and procedures related to the area of assignment
- Considerable knowledge (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) university operating procedures, organization and management policies.
- Working knowledge of sound business principles, practices, and techniques.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of competence using e-mail and search engines
- When required: Skill in typing at a moderately fast rate with few errors
- Knowledge of general safe working procedures related to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, specifically the Student Records module.
- Experience with Degree Audit processes/ maintaining a database of course equivalencies and the creation of new degree plans, minors, and certificates in PeopleSoft.
- Experience evaluating and processing course substitutions and academic exceptions.
- Experience maintaining an Academic Catalog using Acalog from DigArc.
- Experience evaluating transfer credit, credit by exam, and military credit.
- Experience in the planning of a large commencement ceremony.
Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pmDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleStudent Services AssociatePhysical Requirements Job Duties Posting NumberS1184PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39852Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references