Sponsored Project Award Specialist
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Grants and Contracts
Job Title – Sponsored Project Award Specialist
Position #00768273 – Requisition #19297
This position will perform entry level accounting duties related to the mission of the Office of Grants and Grants. The duties include setting up award, project costing, budget, speedtype and billing information in PeopleSoft Finance system. Position is responsible for entering award data in the PeopleSoft grants module, which includes project costing data, award attribute information, billing/contract establishment, budget establishment, and speedtype creation.
- Review all received grant awards for acceptable terms, including a review of the award amount and facilities and administrative cost rate to determine that the terms are acceptable with the University.
- Enter award data in PeopleSoft grants module including entering additional award data from data interfaced from InfoEd, project data, billing/contract set-up, budget and speedtype.
- Communicate with Sponsor if F&A rate or dollars have not been applied correctly.
- Communicate with Contract and Preaward Personnel or department personnel if information needed to setup and administer the award is missing.
- Ensure award data in InfoEd (Grants award tracking system) is accurate and complete for the original award and/or amendments. This includes award detail data, such as award number and award amount, as well as inputting financial system info such as project number and speed type.
- Track paper award files in the InfoEd system.
- Communicate with University Department personnel to inform them of the award and to work on any needed updates or changes.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, business, finance, accounting, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis. Working towards a degree in accounting or related business degree can substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 grants module/project costing set-up within a Higher Education system.
- Experience with Higher Education grants and contracts administration
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of the InfoEd eRA and PeopleSoft data and functionality.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 2, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing