Assistant Program Manager/Government Marketing Specialist for PTAC
This assistant program manager/government marketing specialist assists the program manager with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) consulting with clients (between 450 to 525 hours), and reporting requirements on budgetary and programmatic matters. The position assists the PM with monitoring the quality of the consulting being delivered in the program.
The position takes a lead with setting the SE PTAC training agenda, recruiting presenters, sponsors and evaluates training effectiveness and quality. The position is responsible for providing specialized training and counseling to Southeast Pennsylvania businesses in all aspects of Federal, state and local government procurement. Assisting veteran business owners with CVE certification is an essential requirement of the position. The position will deliver quality, cost-effective and expeditious counseling to clients by helping businesses understand how to find, bid, win, and perform on government contracts so that they can grow/diversify their business and contribute to the economic vibrancy of the community. Metrics of success as a Government Procurement Specialist include the number of clients, counseling hours (450-525 hours yearly delivered), success stories, positive quality reviews by clients of consulting provided and client impacts via contracts awarded to clients. This position is Grant-Funded and mainly located in Philadelphia at the Naval Yard.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstration of continued progress toward completing the degree
- Three years government marketing experience and mid-level management experience
- A working knowledge of state, federal and private sector special classifications programs (8(a), SDB, Hubzone, Keystone Zones, etc.)
- Experience communicating technical processes to diverse populations both orally and in writing
- Ability to listen critically to identify needs and solve problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient digital technology skills and ability to use the CRM to enter data and generate reports, experience operating video-conferencing equipment and software used for virtual presentations.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Certified training in the government contracting procurement field is highly desirable.
- Preferably have CVE certification or be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment. (CVE's primary role is to provide verification to Veteran-Owned Small Businesses).
- Experience leading government marketing workshops and coordinating outreach events by providing formal presentations to small business and external constituents within the service area.
- Prior leadership experience within a unionized organization.
- Experience with small business, working within a business which sells to the government or experience as a contracting officer.
- Experience using digital media to promote events.
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however, for full consideration, full application needs to be recieved by end of day, October 25, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The starting salary for this position is $55,000-$62,000, comensurate with experience.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].