CTE High School Liaison
Under the direction of the Dean of Career Technical Education (CTE) and Workforce Development, the CTE High School Liaison will provide college transitions, outreach and support services for the COS Career Technical pathways. This individual will coordinate dual enrollment and articulation processes, participate in college recruitment efforts, and serve as the liaison to high schools for the CTE programs. This position is primarily assigned to the Tulare College Center, but will provide outreach services in Tulare, Visalia and Hanford.
This position is funded through the SWPD & Perkin’s grant and will end when funding for this position ends.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the CTE High School Liaison include:
- Plan, coordinate and conduct activities and programs to provide enrollment and transition assistance to prospective COS students in the feeder high schools.
- Develop recruitment and marketing strategies and coordinate the development of promotional materials such as brochures, speeches, videos, posters and newsletters for use with prospective students, parents, and high schools.
- Coordinate dual enrollment for feeder high schools in collaboration with the Director of Dual Enrollment, and the Tulare and Hanford Provosts.
- Cooperate with the Marketing Director, in developing, coordinating and implementing various social media marketing strategies to accelerate student engagements.
- Facilitate articulation agreements with CTE courses as warranted.
- Design and deliver oral presentation and workshops for high school, junior high and elementary school students to include panel presentations, group presentations, and one-on-one meetings.
- Coordinate outreach efforts with counselors and faculty at the high schools to develop a referral system, exchange information, and provide quality outreach for prospective students.
- Coordinate events, workshops and seminars with Visalia Unified School District, Tulare and Kings County Office of Education, high schools and the District for prospective students.
- Assist in facilitating collaboration between high school and community college CTE faculty.
- Direct high school students to the appropriate COS CTE pathways relevant to their interests.
- Collaborate with the District’s Welcome Center, Outreach and Financial Aid staff to provide workshops and information to prospective students.
- Participate in relevant CTE advisory committee meetings.
- Initiate and maintain positive relations with feeder high school administrators, counselors, faculty, and with public agencies and community groups to develop recruitment sources.
- Schedule and host campus visits for prospective students.
- Keep abreast of educational and student support programs to provide accurate and timely information about the college.
- Maintain a variety of records, logs, and student files including those of a confidential nature; prepare periodic and special reports and statistical data related to program activities and effectiveness.
- Develop flyers and letters for promotional purposes as necessary.
- Maintain a variety of data and statistical reports regarding outreach activities and their effectiveness.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related field and
- Two years experience in an increasingly responsible position with public contact.
- Valid California’s driver’s license
- An incumbent must be insurable at the “standard rate” by the employer’s insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias Community College District.
- Indoor/outdoor environment
- Constant interruptions
- Driving a vehicle from site to site to conduct work
- Conducting presentations in the community during evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate information on the telephone or in person.
- Ability to read documents
- Ability to reaching in all directions to retrieve files and supplies
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 pounds
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- District K–12 school systems.
- Articulation agreements
- Recruitment procedures and techniques.
- College’s organization, operation, policies, mission and objectives.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software.
- Develop and coordinate a variety of programs and activities to identify and recruit new students to the College.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations using current technology.
- Establish rapport with high school, junior high, and elementary school administrators, counselors, and faculty.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Organize, prioritize and schedule work to meet time lines.
- Understand and independently carry out oral and written instructions.
- Accurately complete required statistical reports, using appropriate and correct English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Operate a computer and assigned software.
- Assign and review the work of others.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines regarding assigned activities.
To be considered applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant’s experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.