Please Note: This is an open continuous applicant pool. Submitting an application does not guarantee an interview or employment. Positions will be filled by the department on an as needed basis.
Online Tutors are responsible for one-on-one student tutoring in the college's online environment for the following subject areas:
Math; Science/Biology; Science/Chemistry; Languages Spanish and American Sign Language
Candidates must be able to use standard computer technology, and be willing to attend training in "virtual" tutoring.
This is a part time position with a maximum of 28 hours per week, with day and evening hours as needed.
Successful candidates are Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
- Tutor students in the area(s) of expertise
- Keep all student information confidential and secure
Associates/Bachelor's degree in one of the areas of expertise (see above) from an accredited college or university.
- Bilingual capabilities a plus
- Proficient in the use of computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The candidate must be a team player with the ability to establish positive working relationships with students and staff