Academic Support Specialist
Academic Support Specialist🔍Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States📁Student Services📅Oct 12, 2020 Post Date📅87443 Requisition #Job Title: Student ServicesSpecialistWorking Title: Academic SupportSpecialistVPUE Unit: Academic AdvisingJob Code: 7500Job Grade: EFTE: 100% Exemption Status: Non-ExemptOne Year Fixed-term; approximatestart date: November 1, 2020-October 31, 2021. Heraldedas a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost forUndergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactionsbetween students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As acollaborative team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance andsupport programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate studentat Stanford. https://undergrad.stanford.edu/ https://undergrad.stanford.edu/academic-advising-stanford/welcome VPUE is seekinga Student Services Specialist for a one-year fixed term. This positionwill provide administrative and operational support to the office of AcademicAdvising on issues and processes shared with the Registrar’s Office in order toperform additional, critical work duties brought about by shiftingCOVID-response-related policy changes, including the related communication andworkflow challenges that are a direct effect of the pivot to working remotelyduring the COVID Pandemic. The person in this position will resolveroutine issues of limited scope using general guidelines and standards orprecedence as reference. Yourresponsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the Registrar’s Office and our joint COVID-19response team, processing Requests for Exceptions to Academic Policy.
- Reviewing documents and forms for completeness; researching andresolving routine issues, logging information into electronic databases. Othergeneral duties as needed, for ex.: responding to inquiries, tickets, emails;assisting with eForms testing, development, and content.
- Assist with processes related to the end-of-quarter AcademicProgress Review. Such assistance will include tracking student enrollmentas it relates to Leaves of Absence, etc.; tracking files for follow-up review;inputting data and updating electronic databases; collecting, gathering, andvalidating data, sorting and filing transcripts, and preparing basic reports.
- Serve as an administrative liaison between Academic Advising andthe Registrar's Office. This will include sharing communication regardingimportant COVID-related policy updates that will directly affect the work ofthese two offices; responding to routine inquiries, and serving as subjectmatter resource to staff and external constituents as necessary; coordinatinglogistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Provide support for general office administration and processimprovements, particularly as they relate to the end-of-quarter AcademicProgress Review and Requests for Exception to Academic Policy.
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, orcombination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and universitypolicies and external regulations.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cureillnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrichthe world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of ourlegacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. Weoffer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditingopportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned authoror global leader speak.
- A caring culture. Weprovide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes atour world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent healthcare benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 87443 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87443