Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Oct 01, 2020 Post Date📅87438 Requisition #Stanford University is seeking an AdministrativeAssociate 2 to provide administrative or operationalsupport working under general supervision for three faculty members within theDepartment of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Thoracic SurgeryTheDepartment of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Stanford University Medical Centertakes pride in the rich tradition of excellence and pioneering firsts that havemade it one of the top cardiac and thoracic programs in the nation. Our longand distinguished legacy of research dates back to the late 1950s — our mostnotable triumphs being the first adult human heart transplant in the UnitedStates, the world's first successful adult human combined heart-lungtransplant, the first successful use of a ventricular device as a bridge totransplantation, the first thoracic aortic stent graft, and the development ofthe first integrated platform for minimally invasive heart surgery. Duties include:
- Respond to inquiries,and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resourceregarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform dutiesassociated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars,and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing theproduction and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and servingas liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generateroutine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) anddissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grantproposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, anddisplays.
- Plan and schedulecalendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrangetravel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitorroutine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolvingdiscrepancies.
- Maintain officesupplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate officemoves.
- May serve as the pointof contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facilityconcerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problemsto appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approvedcontent on websites.
- May guide and trainstudent and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, andprioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work forquality and timeliness.
EDUCATION &EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): Highschool diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination ofeducation and relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computerskills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success infollowing through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizationalskills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal andwritten communication skills.
- Excellent customerservice and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritizeand multi-task.
- Constantly performdesk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionallystand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, graspforcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pullobjects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarelytwist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills:Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients andwith external organizations.
- Promote Culture ofSafety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value forsafety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based ontraining and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expectedto comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including butnot limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in theUniversity's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://ctsurgery.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87438