Accountant🔍Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States📁Finance📅Oct 02, 2020 Post Date📅87451 Requisition #JobTitle: Accountant 1WorkingTitle: AccountantJobCode: 4441JobGrade: GFTE:100% ExemptionStatus: Exempt The Haas Center for Public Service is seekinga skilled, diligent, andself-motivated accountant to join its finance and administration team. The accountant will perform moderatelycomplex accounting activities and functions, including monitoring accounts,preparing documentation, expenditure reconciliations and reviews, revenuereporting/accounting, purchases and reimbursements, service agreements, general ledger transactions, and journalentries.
Your responsibilitieswill include:
To be successfulin this position you will have:
- Associate degree plus two years of applicable experience, orcombination of education and relevant work experience.
Proficiency in basic business applications, such as Microsoft Office; userknowledge of Excel.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Ability to draft professional e-mails, memos, business letters, and reports, and to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Ability to learn project management skills and to participate as part of a project team.
About the HaasCenter for Public Service
StanfordUniversity’s Haas Center for Public Service serves as the hub of CardinalService, a campus-wide initiative to make service a distinctive feature of aStanford education. The Haas Center inspires and prepares students to create amore just and sustainable world through service, scholarship, and community partnerships.Guided by the Center’s Principles of Ethical and Effective Service, studentsengage in local, national, and global service across diverse pathways—communityengaged learning and research, community organizing and activism, directservice, philanthropy, policy and governance, and social entrepreneurship andcorporate social responsibility. CardinalService focuses on four dimensions that have proven transformative in the livesof students: a full-time, quarter-long service experience (Cardinal Quarter);community engaged learning classes (Cardinal Courses); sustained serviceengagement (Cardinal Commitment); and support to integrate service into anycareer and pursue work in the public interest (Cardinal Careers).
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines orsocial platforms. Consider lives savedthrough first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. StanfordUniversity has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse anddedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the futureof our legacy. Our culture and uniqueperks empower you with:
- Freedomto grow. We offer career developmentprograms, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join aTedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- Acaring culture. We provide superbretirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- Ahealthier you. Climb our rock wall, orchoose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercisefacilities. We also provide excellenthealth care benefits.
- Discoveryand fun. Stroll through historicsculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviableresources. Enjoy free commuter programs,ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 87451 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4441
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87451