Assistant Director for Residence Life
Assistant Director for Residence LifeResidence Life, Tulane University
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Assistant Director for Residence Life is a professional staff member (live on) primarily responsible for the overall functioning of their area of 1800 - 2300 residents. Responsibilities include supervising professional staff members, being the primary point person for all administrative functions within the area, as well as working directly with the director and associate directors to ensure safe, clean, developed communities. This position serves as a catalyst for student engagement in the residence hall communities and role-models daily interactions with students for other professional staff.Required Qualifications
- Master's degree with at least three years full time residential life experience.
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Crisis management and supervision experience with a focus on student development.
- Masters degree with three to five years full time residential life experience.
- Strong administrative and communication skills with an emphasis on student and young professional staff development.
- One year of experience with supervision of full-time professional staff.
- Comprehensive understanding of the relationship between facilities, services, and residential life.