Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Louisiana Center for Bleeding & Clotting Disorders Pediatric Blood Disorders Nurse Specialist for the Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology/Oncology will be responsible for assisting in the direct care of blood disorder patients throughout the state and region. The LCBCD Pediatric Nurse Specialist is responsible for the delivery and management of patient care and oversight, utilizing the nursing process, the healthcare environment and current technology to provide a climate, which optimizes patient care and staff development. The LCBCD Pediatric Nurse Specialist will perform a variety of direct patient care activities and assist with procedures to appropriate level of training and established protocols. Duties will include completing clinical assessments, delivery of prescribed therapies, prior authorizations, visits to inpatients, discharge planning, professional phone triage, and administering infusions and other therapies in both the clinic and hospital setting. The LCBCD Pediatric Nurse Specialist will also perform research responsibilities in conjunction with the research team when patients are enrolled on clinical trials. Other duties will include documenting all interactions in the patient's appropriate electronic medical record, performing clerical functions to support the practice as instructed, and maintaining the physical environment of exam and procedure rooms, and ordering tests, labs, and prescriptions as per physician orders. The LCBCD Pediatric Nurse Specialist will also serve as an active contributing member of the Louisiana Center for Bleeding & Clotting Disorders multi-disciplinary team assisting with the pediatric population, as well as the adolescent/adult patient population as needed/required.Required Qualifications
- Registered nurse with current Louisiana licensure by date of hire.
- Five years clinical nursing experience in either ambulatory nursing care, med-surgery, and/or pediatrics, including veni-puncture experience.
- One year experience in an outpatient clinical setting.
- BSN with current Louisiana State licensure by date of hire.
- Prior experience working with blood disorders patients- hemophilia, sickle cell, clotting disorders.
- Experience working with a comprehensive, integrated care team.