IT Business Manager (19018)
Job DetailsLevel UndisclosedJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type StaffEducation Level UndisclosedSalary Range $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift UndisclosedJob Category UndisclosedDescription
Position Overview:Administers business affairs of a large division. Responsible for financial management, reporting activities, personnel administration and supervision, and management policy for the division. Develop budgets for projects within a division/college and prepares financial analysis and status reports. Directs control of budget, including collections, custody, disbursement, accounting, and auditing of all funds. Monitors division/departmental budgets and reports any significant deviations from approved budgets. Coordinate reporting activities for a division. Oversee preparation of area-specific reports. Coordinates budget and approval documents for personnel actions (hiring, promotion, etc. of staff.). Prepares operating and project budget drafts. Manages and coordinates subordinate staff. Reviews official directives and correspondence to ascertain such data as changes prescribed in programs, policies, and procedures, and new assignments or responsibilities delegated. Audits financial status of organization accounts. Department Specific Essential Job Functions:For the Office of Information Technology (OIT), ensures the success of the division by
Providing administrative support to the Chief Information Officer and the Office of Information Technology (IT). Responsible for IT business operations including budget management, IT procurement, contract management, and vendor management. Participates in the strategic planning for the Office of Information Technology. Effectively collaborates across technology teams and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude.
- Managing the daily financial activities of the division, which include budget preparation and control, accounting, purchasing, and business planning and management. Monitors activity within budgets to ensure adequate funding.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of the division budget. This includes preparing purchase requisitions, paying invoices, billing, maintaining inventory records, and tracking expense patterns.
- Provides budget reports to CIO and OIT leadership.
- Prepares and coordinates annual reports relating to budget, planning, and technology assets.
- Oversees preparation and reconciliation of PCard statements for division’s PCard holders and maintains records for documentation.
- Directs procurement and payment process for division. Ensures compliance with University policies and procedures, state, and federal regulations. Advises OIT leadership on State and University procurement policies and procedures.
- Assists CIO in selecting vendors, negotiating features, and pricing.
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding campus technology contracts, as well as coordinates campus technology contract negotiations and execution. Confers with CIO on technology-related contracts.
- Responsible for license compliance of enterprise and divisional software. Maintains tickler for contracts and license agreements.
- Oversees the coordination of the travel process for department. Advises department members of University travel policies and procedures. Assists members with various travel forms.
- Oversees and facilitates the job posting and hiring process, as well as internal changes to personnel.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operation unit. Establishes and maintains official records and documents in appropriate files.
- Provides consultation, clarifying policies and procedures, and resolving problems. Assists in the development of some departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects, researching and analyzing utilization data, writing reports, and making recommendations.
- Assists in the establishment of specific and long-range unit goals.
- Participates in internal committees as assigned.
- Assists CIO executive assistant with general administrative responsibilities for the CIO Office.
- Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.