Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job No: 496619
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Department of Athletics & Recreation at Bucknell University is seeking applicants to join the staff as Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position. The position of Assistant Athletic Trainer is to assist the head athletic trainer and staff with the delivery of health care to student athletes of athletic programs operating from the sports medicine facilities at Bucknell University. The position provides supervisory function in all phases of athletic training in the traditional collegiate setting.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Assist in implementing the Sports Medicine Program in the Stadium & Fieldhouse.
a) Administer policies for the health care of student-athletes.
b) Administer record keeping protocols for use in the sports medicine department.
c) Maintain student-athlete record system.
d) Assist in supervision of training room procedures.
e) Assist in clinical affiliation with universities with programs in athletic training and supervising student trainers from those programs.
2. Assist in the delivery of care and prevention services for select sports.
3. Supervise operation of satellite athletic training operations.
4. Provide services for outside events being performed at Bucknell University facilities.
5. Perform any other duties and/or jobs deemed necessary for the functioning and success of the Sports Medicine Program.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. National certification through the N.A.T.A., State Certification (by law)
3. Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
1. Master's degree in Sports Medicine or related field of study
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This job classification is listed as a Category I as required by OSHA for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496619/assistant-athletic-trainer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency