Part-time Admissions Specialist, International Student Services (ISS)
Title:Part-time Admissions Specialist, International Student Services (ISS) Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Part-time Technical/Professional Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:International Student Services Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $17.87 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 28.5 hours per week.Description:
The Part-time Admissions Specialist, International Student Services (ISS) will report to and work closely with the ISS Coordinator to develop and implement programs designed to increase new international student enrollment and encourage student success. The Part-time Admissions Specialist, ISS provides specialized support for international students, including providing academic and immigration advising services, career counseling, and new student orientation to meet the needs of the international student population.
The Part-time Admissions Specialist, ISS will be responsible for recruiting international students; advising F-1 students through the admissions process and throughout their enrollment; advising College administrators, faculty, and staff on F-1 student issues; and maintaining and updating international student records.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Consistent with the Student Affairs model for Service Excellence, provide timely, informative, and comprehensive guidance regarding all aspects of admission for prospective international students (and their families and/or sponsors.)
- Utilize Salesforce Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) to support outreach efforts to track international applications through enrollment.
- Assist the Coordinator in all areas of advising, recruitment and enrollment management of international students.
- As assigned, oversee on-campus and off-campus recruitment programs, representing the college and International Student Services.
- Advise international applicants on the admissions process for international students pursuing the F-1 student visa.
- Review and manage documents submitted for admission, make admissions decisions, issue immigration documents, direct applicants to transcript translation services when necessary, and maintain necessary records and databases.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO), maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements. Organize SEVIS data processing under the guidelines provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and maintain data and quality control management.
- Advise students with immigration petitions and applications, to include processing for new F-1 visas, work authorizations, reinstatement, and reduced course load authorizations, change of status, medical leave and economic hardship employment authorization.
- Monitor at-risk students and provide customized intervention services.
- Serve as liaison with transfer institutions; refer students to appropriate college, community and university contacts to assist with the transfer process.
- Support international students experiencing cross-cultural, family, personal or economic crisis, which may impact academic performance, and helps students to access appropriate college and community services/resources.
- Prepare and conduct assessment for programs and initiatives.
- Participate in training and maintains a relationship with professional organizations to keep abreast of changes in federal rules and regulations.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, International Student ServicesQualifications:
Required: Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of related experience in advising and/or mentoring international students.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident to serve as a Designated School Official in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), as required by federal regulations.
Preferred: Experience in community college or university enrollment management practices. Experience with Salesforce or other Constituent Relationship Management systems. Competencies in multiple languages. Experience as a Designated School Official (DSO) and a working knowledge of SEVIS procedures and the legal requirements of international students and of the institutions hosting them.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must submit an online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up to date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts will only be accepted for review purposes. Candidates should be aware that official transcripts will be required prior to any offer of employment being made. Official transcripts for purposes of employment are defined as those sent directly from the awarding institution to an agent of Santa Fe.
All questions regarding this job posting can be directed to:
Coordinator, International Student Services