Enterprise and Educational Technology Specialist.
Paul Smith’s College is a small private college nestled in the beautiful Adirondack Park in Northern New York among forests and lakes that offer recreational opportunities and vibrant community events in all four seasons. The IT department is located in the Joan Weill Adirondack Library at Paul Smith’s College, a central hub of campus, and it is widely praised and very well utilized by our community. This position will be part of a small, nimble, collaborative team that is customer-centered and dedicated to delivering excellent services that fulfill the mission of the college.
This position works collaboratively across campus to engage faculty and staff to receive and provide the best possible benefit from their use of technologies and helps maintain and optimize those systems. We are seeking a creative, knowledgeable, ambitious, team player who is excited about the mission of higher education and wants to have a positive impact on the mission of the college. Extensive interaction with faculty and staff is a major component of this position.
- Assist faculty to help them learn to use and integrate technology into the classroom (physical or online), design technology-infused curriculum, and implement classroom projects in which technology is well-integrated to enhance instruction and improve student achievement.
- Assist staff on the best use of enterprise technologies and help the college best utilize features, enhancements and technology upgrades.
- Deliver excellent customer support for educational and enterprise technology.
- Communicate with faculty on an ongoing basis regarding the availability and use of educational technologies.
- Develop support documentation for various educational technologies for the campus community.
- Act as the primary support contact for the Learning Management System (Canvas).
- Provide basic administrative maintenance (users, settings, etc.) for educational technologies such as Canvas, Zoom and Starfish.
- Act as a liaison between staff/faculty and technology vendors to implement, support and enhance the use of technology on campus.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in instructional and enterprise technology.
- Work closely with the Systems Administrator and Helpdesk to support educational and administrative software systems.
- Contribute to system design and implementation decisions for educational and enterprise technologies.
- Assist the IT department with a variety of tasks including the development of policies, plans, procedures and reports, supporting new projects, completing help desk tickets and other duties as assigned.
- Share on-call responsibility with the IT team.
- This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, as well as any applicable certifications.
- Experience teaching in k-12, higher education, or corporate training environment.
- Considerable experience training end users in technology.
- Ability to design, lead, and see projects through from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to correspond clearly and in a timely manner.
- Excellent research skills as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills and a desire to work with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to set goals, understand and follow directions, meet deadlines, keep accurate records, plan ahead, and anticipate problems.
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
- Ability to assess, prioritize, and manage tasks with appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and to travel when necessary.
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- 1 year of current experience in educational technology in k-12, higher education, or corporate education environment.
- NYS Educational Technology Specialist Certification or similar credential demonstrating advanced knowledge and skill in the fields of technology, education, and pedagogy.
- Experience with enterprise and educational software platforms and how they enhance the mission of educational institutions.
Applicants should complete the on-line application and submit a letter of intent, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Paul Smith’s College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V