Equity and Title IX Officer
Position: Equity and Title IX Officer Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 567 # of Openings: 1 EQUITY AND TITLE IX OFFICER
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR 1 ACADEMIC YEAR. 20-25 HOURS PER WEEK / 9 MONTHS PER YEAR SEPTEMBER 2020 TO JUNE 2021 Working under the direction of the Title IX Coordinator and Director of Equity Investigations, the Title IX and Equity Officer is responsible for conducting intake and investigative interviews under the College’s Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct Policy among students and employees. Responsibilities
- Treat all parties who engage the Title IX and Equity Office fairly and compassionately.
- Conduct investigations and intake meetings that consider the well-being of each person.
- Review internal processes and procedures with reporting and responding parties as well as witnesses.
- Takes detailed notes of meetings and information gathered.
- Manage investigations timely, thoroughly, impartially and equitably from beginning to end. This includes meeting with parties, gathering facts and relevant documentation, keeping accurate, detailed up to date records of complaints, writing reports, updating parties, sending reports to the parties, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources, Residence Life, Student Care Services, and other campus partners to facilitate supportive measures.
- Communicate in a timely manner to parties, including regular correspondence to parties regarding investigation status.
- Use Title IX software to track open matters.
- Prepare outreach communications, as needed.
- Assist with Title IX regulation implementation work, as needed.
- Degree in a related field (e.g., counseling, legal, restorative justice, civil rights, higher education administration.)
- At least one year of professional experience in related field.
- Commitment to fairness, equity, and respect for everyone
- Ability to work collaboratively with campus partners.
- Skilled in applying biblical principles to reconciliation.
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing abilities.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, sensitive environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effectively using technology to support work.