Stores Clerk / Truck Driver - 502066
Stores Clerk / Truck Driver - 502066
The Truck Driver is directly responsible for the timely and safe transport of food, alcohol, equipment, and all necessary supplies to various catering locations on the University campus. The Truck Driver often sets up, facilitates, and cleans up coffee breaks, luncheons, and assigned events on campus, as needed.
The Stores Clerk receives delivery of goods (Materials and supplies) in the Physical Plant Warehouse and issues these goods to the staff through a specified procurement procedure; and drives a University vehicle to pick up goods at vendor locations off-campus and also places orders with vendors by phone.
- Communicates and interacts with catering clients and University personnel to ensure accurate event execution and positive customer relations.
- Assembles, picks-up, and delivers all ordered items to various facilities and locations in a safe and timely. Items may include: food, alcohol, paper, chemicals, linen, props, equipment and miscellaneous supplies.
- Sets up, facilitates, and cleans up coffee breaks, luncheons, and other assigned events on campus, as needed.
- Maintains security of items delivered.
Supplies and Facilities Maintenance
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies for satellite locations to include: coffee, linen, sodas, alcohol, paper and plastic goods, or other items as requested.
- Ensures the overall sanitation and organization of store rooms in satellite locations.
- Cleans dishes, equipment, and supplies as needed. Ensures the safe and accurate return of supplies to proper kitchen and storage locations.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all catering vehicles and storage locations.
- Reports potential catering truck mechanical problems and is responsible for the scheduling of periodic maintenance of catering vehicles.
Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Handles alcoholic beverage supplies in compliance with the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) regulations.
- Transports alcoholic beverages to and from events in a secure manner. Stores alcohol inventory under lock for catering use.
- Accurately completes department inventory and loss reports, verifying inventory and usage amounts for inclusion in University reporting to the ABC.
- Reports any quantity discrepancies.
- Entrusted with keys to alcohol storage units.
- Assists in plating, setup, dishwashing and taking of required inventories.
Maintain Facilities Inventory:
- Assist with procurement and distribution of materials and supplies
- Maintain accurate records
- Assist Custodial department with weekly orders
- Receive shipments and process paperwork
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in the warehouse
- Exercise standard protocol in 2 way radio communication system
- Maintenance and upkeep of assigned vehicle
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 – 4 years driving experience with light or heavy delivery trucks required
- 2 – 4 years in food service, culinary science, and banquet set up preferred
- 2 – 4 years of demonstrated experience in a procurement facility preferred
- < 2 years’ experience dealing with people in a high-quality customer service environment required
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 9:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m., 8 hrs./day, 40 hrs./wk.
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during inclement weather and emergency situations, is required to be available to the University as needed.
Pay Grade 3 (Hiring Range of $15.00 - $16.00 per hour)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE