PT Instructor, Dance
PT Instructor, Dance
Salary: To Be Determined Based on PT Faculty Salary Schedule
Start Date: Spring 2021
Closing Date: 10/23/20
Location: Las Positas College, Livermore, Ca
Las Positas College
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Part-Time Instructor, Dance in Livermore, Ca. Applicants will be expected to provide instruction in
beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of various dance styles, including modern, ballet, jazz, hip hop, composition, choreography and others as determined in collaboration with Dean and based on expertise of successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach beginning through advanced college-level dance classes, including online if required per District, County and/or State orders. Motivate students at all levels and of all backgrounds and abilities, and adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles.
- Responsible for class scheduling, curriculum development, assessment, outreach/recruitment, and related matters for the Dance program, working in partnership with the Dean of Arts and Humanities and the Performing Arts Coordinator. Regularly collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines. Participate in campus professional activities, which may include, but are not limited to, committee membership, staff development, collegial meetings and community outreach.
- Flexibility to teach classes at times best suited to student need and demand.
Master’s in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis, OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts or music OR the equivalent.
Evidence of understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent” provision must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above.
- Experience teaching all levels of dance (beginning, intermediate, advanced) to diverse student populations
- Experience with teaching various styles (e.g. ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop), as well as choreography, composition, and musical theater
- Experience with program and event coordination
- Experience with online dance instruction
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Individuals with disabilities who are unable to carry out the physical activities of the position will receive reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform the essential functions of the positions.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
TO APPLY, please send the following application materials to:
1. Cover Letter
3. Transcripts (Un-officials accepted for application purposes.)
Name: Amy Mattern
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (925 )424-1382
Department: Dean, Arts and Humanities
It is the policy of this District to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practices and to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, ancestry, age, marital status, race, religious creed, mental disability, medical condition (including HIV and AIDS), color, national origin, physical disability, family or sexual preference status and other similar factors in compliance with Title IX, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, other federal and state non-discrimination regulations, and its own statements of philosophy of objectives. The District encourages the filing of applications by both sexes, ethnic minorities, and the disabled.