Athletic Trainer (Part-Time)
Athletic Trainer (Part-Time)Posting Number:
External - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment Type:
Part-TimeBenefits Available :
NoNature of Work:
Provides Sports Medicine services including, injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, management, and education for the College of Coastal Georgia varsity athletic teams.Essential Duties :
- Provides athletic training services for home contests and practices, including services for student-athletes of visiting teams when the Head Athletic Trainer is unavailable or when additional athletic training coverage is required for the safety and well-being of student-athletes.
- Responsible for the safety, physical/mental health, welfare, and well-being of varsity intercollegiate athletes at the College of Coastal Georgia.
- Provides athletic training coverage to assigned teams or events
- Provides initial diagnosis for injured athletes
- Performs treatment using physical modalities such as heat, light, sound, cold, electricity, or mechanical devices
- Supervises the conditioning and rehabilitation of injured athletes
- Provides advice to coaches regarding athletes’ physical ability and physical capability to compete
- Educates student athletes to improve their well-being and knowledge.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Adheres to the standards of professional practice as defined by the Board of
- Certification for Athletic Training, Georgia Board of Athletic Trainers and Southeast Georgia Health System Sports Medicine Standards of Care.
- Maintains state and national licenses and certifications
- Maintains certification in CPR/First-Aid & AED use
- Maintains efficient continuing education on the use of modalities in the clinical setting
- Complies with all NAIA, athletic conference and College rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Director of Athletics
- Graduate of a CAATE-accredited Athletic Training Education Program with a Bachelor’s Degree in athletic training.
- Holds current CPR/AED certification.
- Has two (2) to five (5) years experience with student-athlete care at the high school or college level.
- Licensed by the Georgia Board of Athletic Trainers.
- Certified by the Board of Certification for Athletic Training (BOC).
- Is a member of the National Athletic Trainers Association
- Must be able to work during non-standard office hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is designated by the institution as a Position of Trust
- Has Master’s-level degree in a related healthcare field.
- Has other related graduate-level study in addition to a Master’s degree.
- Has five (5) or more years’ experience with student-athlete health care at the high school or college level.
- Has current BLS/CPR/AED instructor certification.
- Is a member of the Georgia Athletic Trainers Association
As NeededSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information:
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
09/25/2020Open Until Filled: