Director of Research
Director of Research
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the director of research for its Ying Wu College of Computing (YWCC). Working closely with YWCC faculty, the director will handle all non-scientific aspects of the college’s funded research activities including but not limited to proposal preparation, budget creation, contract negotiation, account management and report preparation.
- Pre-award support in creating project budgets.
- Support in the proposal submission process
- Post-award support in managing the finances and accounts of projects.
- Support in the administrative aspects of project reporting.
- Act as a liaison between the college and NJIT’s Office of Research.
- Some assistance in high-level integrated scientific proposal writing and reviewing.
- Assistance in identifying government/company/foundation funding opportunities
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field with at least four years of experience in sponsored research administration, research finance, or similar services in a relevant industry.
- Familiarity with the workings, procedures and online systems of the major federal funding agencies, including NSF, NIH, DARPA, DoE, DoD.
- Capable of working with tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations.
- Mastery of basic office software (word processing, spreadsheet applications, presentations and communication).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- A graduate degree, preferably in a science related to YWCC research areas or business administration.
- Experience working in a university setting, particularly with academic departments and sponsored research.
- Certification in Research Administration (CRA, CPRA, CFRA or similar)
- Creative out‐of‐the‐box thinker
- Responsive, friendly, outgoing and service‐oriented
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://njit.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=2480
As an EEO employer NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.