Research and Evaluation Program Manager
Research and Evaluation Program Manager - Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Research and Evaluation Program Manager (Program Manager) will provide leadership on various research and evaluation projects focused on home visiting for DC Health and other early childhood program as appropriate.
In this role, the Program Manager will be responsible for leading key aspects of community-based research and evaluation projects including:
(1) designing and implementing evaluation and research protocols to gather, secure and analyze data from consumers and other stakeholders in the DC systems of care;
(2) establishing and maintaining reliable systems to gather, track and analyze data coming from the field operations of the perinatal and early childhood health projects;
(3) developing and maintaining Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols that comply with University and DC standards for Human Subjects Protections;
(4) ensuring compliance with federally-mandated evaluation and benchmarking activities; and (5) preparing interim and final reports to funders.
As new projects emerge or the need arises, the candidate will be involved in various other related research and evaluation activities. The Program Manager will be essential in helping to determine the most effective outcomes and systems of care for the communities we serve, focused on the District of Columbia.
The Program Manager will report directly to the GUCCHD Administrator as well as the Director of Research and Evaluation of GUCCHD on research and evaluation related matters. In addition to contacts within the GUCCHD to accomplish the needs of the research and evaluation team, the position will interact on a routine basis with members of DC Health as well as other organizations or groups in the DC service system supporting young children and their families. The position will supervise a research assistant as well as undergraduate and graduate students working on these projects. The Senior Research Specialist will also attend Center-wide Research and Evaluation Core (REC) meetings, research project meetings, and meetings for the Early Childhood Division.
- Master's degree preferred, with the ability to apply maternal and early childhood research in the context of systems of care.
- In addition to education, a minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience in design, monitoring and evaluation, and applied quantitative and qualitative research methods in relation to the management of projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, problem solving and the ability to work well both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong organizational, management, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Computer skills using data communication and statistical software packages.
- Knowledge of state and community early childhood service delivery systems and current federal directions.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Research-and-Evaluation-Program-Manager---Georgetown-University-Center-for-Child-and-Human-Development_JR09359
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency