Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for a University Registrar. Reporting to the V. P. for Enrollment Services, the Registrar is a key manager in the Office of Enrollment Services. The Registrar is responsible for maintaining the University’s student records in all formats as well as key elements of the University’s student information system. The Registrar manages the registration, graduation, course and classroom scheduling, and transfer credit functions according to the University’s academic policies and in cooperation with the Office of Academic Affairs. The Registrar is also responsible for preparing compliance reports, such as the National Student Clearinghouse and IPEDS.
This position requires a master’s degree, three to five years of experience in a university registrar’s office and experience working with an integrated student information system (Ellucian products preferred).
Other key qualifications include:
- Working and current experience in collecting, analyzing, and reporting information to support data-driven decision making
- Working and current experience in use of integrated student information system and in creating reports
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws and mandates related to enrollment and student records with an understanding of institutional compliance responsibilities, including FERPA
- Advanced level use of MS Excel and at least working knowledge of MS Access
- Experience in administration of academic policies
- Supervisory experience
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Assist academic administrators in development and publication of semester course schedules
- In coordination with the Office of Academic Affairs, set up procedures to ensure the university’s academic policies are complied with consistently, including classroom scheduling, degree audit, graduation, transfer credit entry, transcript processing, record-keeping, and related reporting
- Maintain the University’s student records, including archived student records, in all formats according to industry standards and the requirements of accreditors
- Manage transcript production and processing
- Coordinate and process term academic standing
- Manage the graduation clearance process in conjunction with academic advisors and Academic Affairs
- Manage key elements of the University’s student information system and other software applications used to support enrollment services
- Prepare regular administrative and compliance reports
- Manage, evaluate and train staff
- Participate in professional development activities and represent the University at outside organizations such as the DC Consortium of Universities
- Work closely with other college administrative offices, including Admissions, Academic Affairs and Technology Services, to assist in the recruitment and retention of students
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.