Adjunct Nursing Faculty – Clinical Simulation
Adjunct Nursing Faculty: Clinical Simulation
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks adjunct clinical simulation faculty responsible for providing a safe practice environment on campus and virtually to supplement the clinical experience for pre-licensure nursing students in the Baccalaureate Nursing Program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP). Nurse educators with knowledge and expertise in simulation are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will hold a current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the District of Columbia or be eligible to obtain a District of Columbia Registered Nurse license by date of hire.
- Evaluate student achievement in meeting clinical competencies and integration of theory related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Provide clinical instruction using high fidelity and virtual simulation.
- Implement, run, and debrief scenarios using a variety of simulation products (v Sim, Shadow Health)
- Evaluate student performance in meeting clinical objectives
- Demonstrate proficiency in using technology (i.e. Discussion Boards, MOODLE, Microsoft Office, Google Meets, and Zoom etc.)
- Attend university and nursing program orientation sessions.
- The successful candidate is required to have a Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution. Preference given to those with experience in simulation (high fidelity and virtual, etc.) and with CNE Certification (Nursing Educator).
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience (didactic and clinical practice) with students in a college/university nursing program.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three (3) professional references addressing candidate’s experience with simulation to the link listed below.