University of Colorado – School of Education & Human Development
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The School of Education & Human Development will establish and maintain a pool of Lecturers for future appointments to temporary, part-time, non-tenure-track positions. Lecturers are limited to two courses per term. This will be a semester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal. This temporary Lecturer pool is anticipated to remain continuously active through December 31, 2020—at that point, all applications will be cleared from the pool. You are welcome to reapply to the new posting after that date.Lecturers selected from this pool will become vital members of the School’s innovative education programs. For information on the specific programs and courses offered please visit http://ucdenver.edu/education/.The School of Education and Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver is a highly collaborative program that includes university faculty and P-12 educators and community members. Our mission is to prepare and inspire teacher leaders to have a profound impact in fostering student opportunity, achievement and success in urban and diverse communities. Faculty develop and maintain close partnerships with schools and other educational and community agencies situated in social and economic contexts with diverse student and community populations.
The University of Colorado Denver is the premier urban research university in Colorado and is committed to becoming one of the top ten urban institutions in the country. The School of Education and Human Development (SEHD) strives to provide national expertise on educational issues and socially just solutions for urban and diverse communities. Located in the heart of downtown Denver, whose population is increasingly diverse (32% Latino, 11% African American), the SEHD, accredited by NCATE, has taken a leadership role in preparing professionals to work in diverse schools, agencies and related settings. The SEHD emphasizes diverse collaborative partnerships including PK-12 schools, local communities, businesses, government agencies, private foundations, and other universities and colleges.
Job Responsibilities:The purpose of this posting is to expand our pool of Lecturers available to teach courses. These are temporary, part-time Lecturer positions, as we build our capacity to offer quality instruction to all students in the School of Education and Human Development.Teaching assignments may fluctuate and are contingent upon the schedule of courses offered each term, the required number of student enrollments in your tentatively scheduled course(s), and budget availability. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will teach particular courses or that you will actually teach in a given term.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Significant successful teaching or work experience in K-12 education, community, or business contexts, especially in urban and diverse settings.
- At a minimum, an earned master’s degree in relevant content area (some courses may require a minimum of an earned doctoral degree). See minimum qualifications for each academic level below.
Applicants mustmeet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Undergraduate Lecturer Minimum Qualifications
- M.A. or M.S. in Education, Human Development, Family Relations, or a closely related discipline, or
- B.A. or B.S. in Education, Human Development, Family Relations, or a closely related discipline, AND a M.A. or M.S. in any field in addition to at least 18 graduate level credit hours in Education or a closely related discipline, or
- If the Master’s Degree is in an unrelated field, the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of successful experience in the field related to the course documented on the CV. Candidates need to supply some evidence (e.g., subject matter expertise or leadership expertise) of experience.
- Experience with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities, knowledge of urban educational community issues, and an interest in collaborating with a variety of constituencies in an urban environment.
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g. MS Office)
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Education or a closely related field.
- Experience teaching at the graduate level.
- Experience teaching online or with blended/hybrid models (e.g. Blackboard or eCollege and LiveText)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Sep 30, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing