Integrative Medicine Veterinary Technician (CARE)
Job no: 514762
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28311600 - VM-INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
Advertised: 01 Dec 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 08 Dec 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Integrative Medicine Veterinary Technician (CARE)Job Description:
The Integrative Medicine service is seeking a technician who is enthusiastic about rehabilitative medicine and what it has to offer to their patients. They assist with exams, directly provide rehabilitative care under the direction of our faculty veterinarians, coordinate the schedule including with other specialty services, and provide clinical instruction and demonstration to veterinary students. Access to such a wide variety of modalities is a great opportunity for those interested in obtaining their specialty certification.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Technical and Clinical Services – assists with patient medical evaluations; performs routine patient nursing care and rehabilitation therapies; records in patient medical records; collects, prepares, and submits laboratory samples; captures and inputs fees for materials and services; maintains inventory and replenishes stock within the assigned areas; sets up, maintains, and ensures proper storage of specialized equipment.
- Client Communication - assists with client inquires; provides client education including reviewing discharges and at-home care; planning, organizing, and coordinating appointments, consultations, and diagnostic scheduling; formatting and uploading of medical information.
- Instruction and Teaching - assists in teaching students to use various rehabilitative modalities, along with general technical skills; assists in student orientation sessions
Typical schedule will be Monday through Friday which may require working earlier then 8:00 a.m. or later than 5:00 p.m. Schedule may change due to covering other shifts.
Will participate in holiday schedule for covering the emergency and critical care areas.
Will be part of the Emergency Response Team.
Some weekend duty may be required.Advertised Salary:
Starting salary is $15.00 to $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.Minimum Requirements:
Veterinary Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Veterinary Technician II:
Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of veterinary experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge in medical terminology and anatomy & physiology
- Experienced and comfortable with small animals (i.e. handling, monitoring, and treating)
- Able to perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Team player
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills in person, via email, and over the telephone
- Projects professional image
- Possesses problem solving skills
- Possesses organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Able to multitasking while handling frequent interruptions
- Willingness to achieve certification in rehabilitation therapy through either Canine Rehabilitation Institute or University of Tennessee training program
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume, cover letter, and list of at least three references.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
This position is considered essential personnel.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:
- Must be able to lift up to forty pounds independently
- Must be able to bend, kneel, pull, push, twist, and stand for extended periods of time