Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher in the Communications Technology Laboratory under the National Advanced Spectrum and Communications Test Network at NIST.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop data acquisition code to support automated testing, data collection, analysis, and verification of hardware performance.
- Data Processing (ETL-Extract, Transfer, Load).
- Update, correct, maintain and expand on existing Testbed software (currently in Python).
- Develop software tools to assist in large scale collections of electromagnetic signatures.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Courageous. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Software development.
- Data Processing.
- Visualization development.
- Skills in Troubleshooting, communication, working in extended teams.
- Experience in Database designs and development, Data Analysis.
- Cover Letter
- Optional: Proof of Degree/Transcripts- If obtained abroad.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Lisa ValenciaPosting Contact Email: [email protected]