Assessment Center Proctor (part-time)
Position SummaryWestern Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Perform a wide range of office support activities (basic and specific) for the Assessment Center. Support the Testing and Data Coordinator with pre-admission and Pearson-Vue Testing and oversee the daily operations of the Assessment Center in Coordinator's absence.
This position will be 5-15 hours per week and non-benefit eligible. Some evening and weekend hours are required and the schedule may vary based on testing needs. This position will be in-person on the La Crosse Campus and may require occasional travel to Regional Learning Centers. Essential Functions1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Perform office function's which may include, but are not limited to: respond to internal/external customers and staff; create and modify documents, records, and reports using College standard software; maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system; monitor inventory and budget information; schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings and/or appointments.
3. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
4. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
5. Assessment Center Proctor - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Proctor exams consistent with the national College Testing Association (NCTA) guidelines adhering to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ensure the security and maintenance of test materials, supplies and testing fees.
- Communicate assessment results and processes.
- Compile assessment results and distribute to appropriate staff/departments.
- Work collaboratively Western's staff to provide seamless coordination of placement testing for prospective students.
- Act as a liaison for issues related to pre-admission and Pearson VUE/GED testing per direction of Assessment Center Coordinator.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Accuplacer/ATI-TEAS and Pearson
Starting salary range $9 - $15/hour
This position will be 5-15 hours per week and non-benefit eligible. Some evening and weekend hours are required and schedule may vary based on testing needs. This position will be in-person on the La Crosse Campus and may require occasional travel to our Regional Learning Centers.
Applicant review will begin: October 11, 2020
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.